View Desktop Version
What documents do I need to bring with me to the dealership?
If you want to get approved for a loan:
- Driver's License
- Last 3 Recent Pay Stubs (if you have more than one job, bring those stubs too)
- Proof of Residency - such as recent Utility Bills. It helps to bring more than one utility bill, or a cell phone bill, as a backup document.
If you want to sign all the paperwork and drive away in your new car:
- Bring all the items mentioned above
- Insurance Card - You can call ahead and set up the new insurance policy if you know which car you are buying. Or you can call from the dealership and give your insurance company the new car's vehicle identification number (VIN). Your insurer will fax or e-mail an insurance card to the dealership.
- List of References - not living in your household Name, Address and Phone #'s